Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. more info
If you like smoking weed, but you also want to take care of your teeth, then you have a choice to make. Many people require braces to straighten their teeth, but what about smoking weed? Can you smoke weed with braces?
While you can still smoke weed with braces on it’s really not recommended as it can cause staining to your teeth, build-ups of bad bacteria, risk of gum disease and can make it harder for your mouth to recover once your braces have been removed, due to decreased blood flow.
Can I Smoke Weed With Braces On?
Technically speaking, yes, you can smoke with braces on, but just because you can and because it won’t kill you doesn’t mean that it is recommended.
Now, to be clear, there really isn’t much research on the correlation between smoking weed and braces, but there is plenty of info about there about smoking tobacco and wearing braces, and it all says the same thing.
Due to a number of reasons, it is recommended that you do not smoke with braces on, and this goes for any kind of smoke, whether weed, tobacco, or otherwise.
What Happens If I Smoke Weed With Braces?
There are a few things that may happen when you smoke weed with braces on, and quite honestly, none of them are good. So, what can happen if you smoke weed with braces on?
- Weed smoke does cause staining and yellowing of the teeth. Usually, with some regular oral maintenance, this wouldn’t be too hard to deal with. However, because you have braces in the way of your teeth, cleaning away the staining becomes much more difficult.
- On that note, braces themselves are not immune to staining. That weed smoke will stain and discolor your braces. At the very least, it just does not look very nice.
- Smoking, whether weed or tobacco, can cause excessive bacteria to build up. Moreover, behind braces is also a great place for bacteria to develop, mainly because it’s so hard to clean behind the braces. Therefore, smoking with braces on can increase the risk of developing cavities.
- Smoking with braces on can also increase your risk of developing gum disease, plus it also reduces the blood flow to the gums.
- Smoking weed with braces on may also cause damage to your teeth. Braces literally pull at your teeth and your bones, while weed smoke can weaken bone, therefore increasing your chances of damaging your teeth.
- Smoking weed with braces on can also make it much harder for your mouth to recover after removing the braces, mainly due to decreased blood flow.
Can You Smoke Weed With Invisalign?
Once again, whether or not you can smoke weed with Invisalign on is not the question, but rather if you should. Just like with braces, it is not recommended that you smoke anything when you have them in.
The weed smoke can discolor and stain Invisalign equipment. It can also cause an excessive buildup of bacteria behind the equipment.
However, the good thing about Invisalign is of course that you can take it out whenever you see fit. Just take out your Invisalign if you plan on smoking, then wash out your mouth, and put the Invisalign back after.
Is It Better To Use A Weed Pen Instead While Wearing Braces?
When we are talking about a weed pen, we are talking about vaping as opposed to smoking. Yes, vaping is much cleaner than smoking, as vapor doesn’t contain most of the staining and poisonous substances that are created through combustion.
Therefore, if you have to choose, then vaping your weed pen is certainly the better option. However, just because it is better than smoking doesn’t mean that vaping with braces on is recommended.
There you have it, folks. As you can see, smoking anything, weed or otherwise, with braces on, is not recommended. It’s best to stay away from smoking altogether when you are wearing braces.